SJ FOTI CONSULTING
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
SJ Foti Profile
SJ Foti Profile
- Freeborn Bobor-Oyibo, Stephen J. Foti, David Smith, Okan Yurduseven ''A Smart Antenna System with Sub-Sector Dynamic Capacity Enhancement for Mobile Telecommunication Networks'' 2012 IEEE International Workshop on Antenna Technology: Small Antennas and Unconventional Applications Tucson, Arizona, USA
- Okan Yurduseven, David Smith, Freeborn Bobor-Oyibo, and Stephen J. Foti ''Design of a Highly Efficient Beam Scanning Asymmetric H-Plane Horn Antenna'' 2012 IEEE International Workshop on Antenna Technology: Small Antennas and Unconventional Applications Tucson, Arizona, USA (Poster)
- Freeborn Bobor-Oyibo, David Smith, Stephen J. Foti ''Design and measurement of a multiple switched beam smart antenna with beam shaping capability using dual- polarized slant ±450stacked patch elements'' Mediterranean microwave symposium proceedings Tunisia 2011
- F. Bobor-Oyibo, D. Smith, and S. J. Foti, ''Compensation of mutual coupling effects in a multiple switched beam smart antenna with beam shaping capability'' Northumbria university conference, June 2011
- F. Bobor-Oyibo, D. Smith, and S. J. Foti, "The effects of a finite ground plane on the characteristics of printed patch antennas with and without a suspended patch," in Communication Systems Networks and Digital Signal Processing (CSNDSP), 2010 7th International Symposium on, pp. 111-114.
- Y. Jiang, S.J. Foti, A. Sambell and D. Smith, ‘A New Low Profile Antenna with Improved Performance for Satellite-On-the-Move Communications’, MAPE 2009 The Third International Symposium on Microwave, Antenna, Propagation and EMC Technologies for Wireless Communications, October 2009, Beijing, China
- Y. Jiang, S.J. Foti and A. Sambell, ‘A Novel Louvered Array Element Geometry & Spatial Filter/ “Ray-Bending” Lens for a Low Profile SatCom-On-the-Move Hybrid Phased Array Antenna’, PGNet 2009 The 10 Annual Conference on the Convergence of Telecommunications, Networking & Broadcasting, June 2009, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
- F. Bobor-Oyibo, S. J. Foti, and D. Smith, "A multiple switched beam Smart antenna with beam shaping for dynamic optimisation of capacity & coverage in mobile telecommunication networks," in Antennas, Propagation and EM Theory, 2008. ISAPE 2008. 8th International Symposium on, 2008, pp. 356-359.
- F. Bobor-Oyibo, D. Smith & S.J. Foti, ‘A Multiple Switched Beam Smart Antenna with Beam Shaping for Dynamic Optimisation of Capacity & Coverage in Mobile Telecommunication Networks’, International symposium on Antenna, propagation and EM theory November, 2008 in China
- M. Elsdon, D. Smith, M. Leach. S. Foti, ‘Experimental Investigation of Breast Tumor Imaging Using Indirect Microwave Holography’, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Issue 48:3, March 2006.
- D. Smith, M. Leach, M. Elsdon and S. J. Foti, ‘Imaging Dielectric Objects from Scalar Intensity Patterns by means of Indirect Holography’, IEEE AP-S International Symposium and USNC / URSI National Radio Science Meeting, July 2005
- D. Smith, M. Leach, M. Elsdon, M.J. Fernando and S. J. Foti, ‘Imaging Of Dielectric Objects Reconstructed Using Indirect Holographic Intensity Patterns’, 9th International Conference on Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications (ICEAA 05), pp401-404, Sept. 12-16, 2005, Torino, Italy
- M. Elsdon, M. Leach, D. Smith, S. Foti, ‘Microwave Imaging using Indirect Synthetic Reference Beam Holography’, Invited Lecture, Calgary University, October 24th 2005.
- M. Elsdon, D. Smith, M. Leach. S. Foti, ‘Microwave Imaging of Concealed Metal Objects using a Novel Indirect Holographic Method’, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Issue 47:6, December 2005
- M. J. FDO, M. Elsdon, M. Leach, D. Smith, S.J. Foti, “Breast Cancer Detection using Microwave Holographic Imaging”, Britains Top Young Engineers Competition, House of Commons, LONDON, Dec. 2005.
- D. Smith, M. Leach, M. Elsdon and S. J. Foti, ‘Using Invisible Region Wave Vectors For Determining The Properties Of Microwave Antennas And Imaging Fields’, 4 Int. Symp. On Communication Systems, Networks And Digital Signal Processing, CSNDSP-04, Newcastle UK, July 2004, pp. 248-251.
- D. Smith, M. Leach, M. Elsdon and S. J. Foti, ‘Imaging Of Concealed Objects From Scalar Microwave Holograms’, RF and Microwaves Conf., RFM-04 Malaysia, Oct. 2004, pp. 127-131.
- D. Smith, M. Leach, M. Elsdon and S. J. Foti, ‘Holographic Reconstruction of Dish Antenna Measurements’, Int. Symp. On Antennas, JINA-04, Nice France, Nov. 2004, pp. 308-309.
- D. Smith, M. Leach, M. Elsdon and S. J. Foti, ‘Using Invisible Region Wave Vectors For Determining The Properties Of Microwave Antennas And Imaging Fields’, 4th Int. Symp. On Communication Systems, Networks And Digital Signal Processing, CSNDSP-04, Newcastle UK, pp. 248-251, July 2004.
- Foti, S.J.: “Variable Tilt Antennas for Maximum 3G Capacity”, Technical Brief, Thales Antennas Website, March 2003.
- Foti, S.J. and Gove, I.: “3G Tri-Sector Antenna – Disguises Base Stations and Maintains Performance”, Business Briefing: Wireless Technology 2003
- Foti, S.J.: “Fundamental Implications for Multiband/Wideband SMART Antennas in Software Defined Radio Base Stations”, IWPC Frequency – Agile, Adaptive Base Station Workshop, Hosted by Alcatel, Stutgart, Germany, 9 – 11 April 2002.
- Foti, S.J. and Parkinson, J.R.: “Downtilting of BTS Antennas and Description of Variable Electrical Downtilt Antenna Products for 3G Networks”, Technical Brief, Thales Antennas Website, May 2001.
- Parkinson, J.R. and Foti, S.J.: “Specifying Dual-Polar BTS Antennas for Maximum Diversity Gain: A Guide for Network Operators”, Microwave & RF Conference, Wembley, London, UK, Sept 1998.
- Foti, S.J. and Shelley, M.W.: “Wideband Polarisation Diverse Phased Arrays”, IEE Colloquium on Flat Plate and Low Profile Antennas, London, UK, January 1990.
- Foti, S.J. and Shelley, M.: “An Experimental Wideband Ploarisation Diverse Phased Array”, Military Microwaves ’90 Conference, Wembley, London, UK, July 1990
- Foti, S.J. and Macnamara, T.: “Design of Wideband Butler Matrices using Schiffman Lines”, IEE Colloquium on Multiple Beam Antennas and Beamformers, London, UK, November 1989.
- Foti, S.J., Shelley, M., Shi, K.C., Cahill, R., Collings, I., Wong, H.K. and Macnamara, T.: “An Intelligent Electronically Spinning TACAN Antenna”, European Microwave Conference, London, UK, Sept. 1989, pp 959-965.
- Macnamara, T., Cahill, R. and Foti, S.J.: “Stripline Network Drives 32 Elements to Wide Bandwidths”, Microwaves & R.F. Magazine, May 1989 (Design Feature).
- Foti, S.J.: “Cost Reduction Techniques for Electronically Scanned Phased Array Antennas”, COST (European co-operation in the field of scientific and technical research) 213/KUL Phased Array Workshop, K.U. Leuven, Belgium, Oct. 1988, pp 123-134.
- Foti, S.J., Medeiros, F. and Ege, T.: “An Octave Band High Power Omnidirectional Antenna”, Queen Mary College Antenna Symposium, London, UK, 1988.
- Foti, S.J., Cahill, R. and Kaniou, C.: “See-Saw Phase Shifter Cuts Cost of Phased Array”, Microwaves & R.F. Magazine, March 1987 (Design Feature).
- Flam, R.P. and Foti, S.J. “Antennas for Optimum Illumination of Anechoic Chambers”, ICAP 1987, York, UK, April 1987.
- Co-Author of Chapter in: “Medical Applications of Microwave Imaging”, IEEE Press, New York, USA, 1986.
- Foti, S.J., Flam, R.P. and Scharpf, Jr., W.J.: “60-Way Radial Combiner Uses no Isolators”, Microwaves & R.F. Magazine, July 1984 (Design Feature).
- Foti, S.J. and McGahey, D.D.: “Diagonal Horn Improves Anechoic Chamber Tests”, Microwaves & R.F. Magazine, March 1984. (Invited Paper).
- Foti, S.J., Flam, R.P., Aubin, J.F., Larsen, L.E. and Jacobi, J.H.: “A Microwave Phased Array System for Biological Target Interrogation”, IEEE MTT International Symposium, Workshop on Electromagnetic Dosimetric Imagery, May 1980.
- Invited Speaker: “A Water Immersed Microwave Phased Array System for Interrogation of Biological Targets”, Graduate Student Colloquium at the Moore School of Electrical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, USA, December 1980.
- Invited Speaker: subject as above, Graduate Student Colloquium at Lehigh University, PA, USA, February, 1981.
- Flam, R.P. and Foti, S.J. “Diagonal Horn Antenna for Amplitude Comparison of DF Systems”, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society, International Symposium Digest, June 1979, pp 352-355.
- Kelley, A.J., Okean, H.C. and Foti, S.J.: “Low Noise Microwave and Millimetre Wave Integrated Circuit Mixers”, IEEE MTT International Symposium, May 1975 pp 146-148.
- Okean, H.C., DeGruyl, J.A., Steffek, L.F., Kelley, A.J. and Foti, S.J.: "Electronically Tuneable, Low Noise Ka-band Paramp-downconverter Satellite Communications Receiver”, IEEE MTT International Symposium Digest, May 1975 pp 43-45.